Sunday, October 11, 2009

Churh Update....

Hello all, just a quick update......

I went to the Gay church this morning. I loved the experience, I really enjoyed the service. It was refreshing and I'll definitely be visiting again. The music will take some getting used to, what can I say I am a contemporary down south gospel girl, lol. But all in all it was a huge thumbs up.

It was funny because the sermon today was "Why do people hate?" and a couple of weeks ago when we visited another church the sermon's tag line was "Hate, on me Hater" penned oh so perfectly by sister Jill Scott. Is God trying to tell me something, its like I am getting a series without even going to the same fellowship. It was interesting listening from a different perspective of the same issue, today was loving those in spite of their hate for who or what you are and the power of that love. The one two weeks ago, was the power of God turning another person's hate or despise for you into the foundation for your blessing.

One heterosexual male pastor, and one lesbian woman pastor serving up the same gospel, got to love it!!! I had a great time today, and I was in and out in an hour!!!

3 comments:

  1. @Lady K

    That's sounds nice. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it funny how different we think we all are. Its so clear we are but at the same time we're not. Just look at the two different churches delivering similar messages. Good food for thought Lady K!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy for you that you have found a place to worship! :)

    ReplyDelete